The Greater Washington Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy (GWJ$) is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization, incorporated in Washington, DC. As a state coalition, it is an independently governed and operated non-profit organization with its own leadership and bylaws. Formed in 2006, the Greater Washington Jump$tart Coalition is an affiliate of the national organization of a similar name, Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy. (www.jumpstart.org).
Passionate Partners in Schools and Communities!
Passionate in our belief that teaching personal finance to young people in schools is crucial, GWJ$’s mission is to collaborate and support personal financial literacy of pre-kindergarten through college students in the Greater Washington region. Our dedicated partners contribute time, expertise and educational resources that educators can integrate into their curriculum. We work closely with educators to support their financial literacy efforts in schools.
We accomplish our mission through:
- Partnerships with schools, communities, and youth programs to conduct and/or support financial literacy.
- Sponsoring professional development events for PreK-12 classroom educators.
- Raising public awareness about the need for financial literacy and education in schools.
- Sharing educational resources offered through partners and other trusted sources.
- Providing networking opportunities for partners to share resources and expertise.
We appreciate the continued support of the following local K-12 and university partners: